7 Jun 2013

[REVIEW] Thirty Seconds To Die by S.G. Holster





Title: Thirty Seconds to Die

Author: S.G. Holster

Genre: Paranormal Fiction



“Will you die for him?”

- S. G Holster, Thirty Seconds to Die

In the Preface we meet a mysterious girl. The deep voice repeatedly asked her the same question, “Will you die for him?” This is when we meet Ren. At this point we don’t know much about them or their relationship, but we know it has to be a serious bond for someone to give their life away. 

Once the book starts, we meet Lexi, a seventeen year-old who’s mentally and emotionally recovering from a vicious attack from her past. We learn that Ren is actually a new student at Lexi’s school, and for some reason unknown to her, they have an instant connection. But as the reader, you suspect that Ren has some knowledge about why.

Every night, Lexi has this reoccurring dream. In the dream, she’s about seven or eight, and she’s with a little boy who’s a few years older. He does this thing with her where they lock pinkies together, and tells her, “My dad says that when we die our soul becomes a star.” Was it a coincidence that Ren did the same thing, and mentions a story about the Northern Lights?

“The Inuit people believe that the lights are souls on their way to a second life. Part of the myth is that the soul only has thirty seconds to die. If there’s a force strong enough, like enduring love, the soul will be drawn back to the earth.”

Lexi knows Ren is keeping something from her, but whenever she questions him about something, he has an answer prepared. But after the night at the dance, everything changed. Ren declared his love for her, and confirmed her suspicions of him knowing her from somewhere.

Ren explains to her that those dreams are real. That they are actually memories from her past, and the more that they are together, the easier it will be for her to remember. But then Ren tells her about the Sentori, and how they are after him. The Sentori’s job is to kill any reborn soul, and now that they’ve acknowledged the fact that Ren is a reborn, they have to kill him. But the Sentori doesn’t know about Lexi. The only choice Ren has is to leave Lexi behind. But he only leaves on the promise that one-day, he will come back for her, and that she never forget who he is.

About the Author.





S.G. Holster lives in California with her husband and their two daughters. She released her debut novel, Thirty Seconds To Die, in January 2013 and the follow-up novel will be released in Summer 2013













Thirty Seconds To Die is S.G Holster's debut novel. I signed for the eARC of this book because I really find the book very intriguing  and I must say I like the cover of the book too.
 (I'm a fan of a beautiful cover, you know) 


Time for my thoughts...

3 STARS 

Finally, I had a chance to review this book. Honestly, after reading 1/4 of book, I want to stop because I feel like I can't connect with the story, with the characters. It took me a little time before I really got into the main plot. . I decided to give it a break. I resumed reading the book just this week and HELL! I regret the days that I stopped reading this! This book is worth reading.

The book really got me. Even though I only give 3 stars, this book really good as a matter of fact, until now I still have a hangover over the events of this book. I take it too much. (LOL) I've never expect that kind of ending I thought every thing was okay after she completed the task. UGH  ( I'll leave you hanging there, my friend so you will  read this book! YEAH!)


For the characters, Lexi Flynn a seventeen year-old girl who always dreaming a very strange dream.
She doesn't know what's that dream all bout Until she met Ren, keep looking for Lexi for all his life, because He needs to protect her. Lexi dont understand what's happening, but Lexi thinks she knows Ren before. 

Lexi knows something is up, and Ren knows something.  

This is fun read because and I learned new things from the books, tho Reincarnation is really not my thing but I really enjoyed it. Very unique! This book is a page-turner because you keep wanting to know more. STORY IS GREAT AND A LOT OF TWISTS that you will never expect to happen!! 
Lexi and Ren is very sweet couple & I keep swooning whenever they have sweet moments in the book. (I'm a fan) BUT I'M TEAM BRETT~! 

I cant wait to read the continuation of this book, IT WILL RELEASE THIS SUMMER. 
Add it on your tbr list now!

Here is the link



Guys, I guarantee you to read this book! You'll love it.

xx, Isabel